appar. from _ρέω to interrogate, by impl. to request: – ask, beseech, desire, entreat, pray, question, request.
- 16:13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi,he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?”
- 7:26 Now the woman was a Gentile, of Syrophoenician origin. She begged him to cast the demon out of her daughter.
- 7:3 When he heard about Jesus, he sent some Jewish elders to him,asking him to come and heal his slave.
- 7:36 One of the Pharisees asked Jesus to eat with him, and he went into the Pharisee’s house and took his place at the table.
- 8:37 Then all the people of the surrounding country of the Gerasenes asked Jesus to leave them; for they were seized with great fear. So he got into the boat and returned.
- 9:45 But they did not understand this saying; its meaning was concealed from them, so that they could not perceive it. And they were afraid to ask him about this saying.
- 14:18 But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said to him, `I have bought a piece of land, and I must go out and see it; please accept my regrets.’
- 14:19 Another said, `I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I am going to try them out; please accept my regrets.’
- 16:27 He said, `Then, father, I beg you to send him to my father’s house‑
- 4:47 When he heard that Jesus had come from Judea to Galilee, he went and begged him to come down and heal his son, for he was at the point of death.
- 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever.
- 16:19 Jesus knew that they wanted to ask him, so he said to them,”Are you discussing among yourselves what I meant when I said, `A little while,and you will no longer see me, and again a little while, and you will see me’?
- 16:23 On that day you will ask nothing of me. Very truly, I tell you, if you ask anything of the Father in my name, he will give it to you.
- 16:26 On that day you will ask in my name. I do not say to you that I will ask the Father on your behalf;
- 17:9 I am asking on their behalf; I am not asking on behalf of the world, but on behalf of those whom you gave me, because they are yours.
- 17:15 I am not asking you to take them out of the world, but I ask you to protect them from the evil one.
- 17:20 “I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word,
- 5:16 If you see your brother or sister committing what is not a mortal sin, you will ask, and God will give life to such a one‑ to those whose sin is not mortal. There is sin that is mortal; I do not say that you should pray about that.