to entitle; by impl. to invoke (for aid, worship, testimony, decision, etc.): – appeal (unto), call (on, upon), surname.
- 2:21 Then everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.’
- 7:59 While they were stoning Stephen, he prayed, “Lord Jesus,receive my spirit.”
- 9:14 and here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who invoke your name.”
- 9:21 All who heard him were amazed and said, “Is not this the man who made havoc in Jerusalem among those who invoked this name? And has he not come here for the purpose of bringing them bound before the chief priests?”
- 12:12 As soon as he realized this, he went to the house of Mary,the mother of John whose other name was Mark, where many had gathered and were praying.
- 15:17 so that all other peoples may seek the Lord even all the Gentiles over whom my name has been called. Thus says the Lord, who has been making these things
- 22:16 And now why do you delay? Get up, be baptized, and have your sins washed away, calling on his name.’
- 25:11 Now if I am in the wrong and have committed something for which I deserve to die, I am not trying to escape death; but if there is nothing to their charges against me, no one can turn me over to them. I appeal to the emperor.”
- 25:12 Then Festus, after he had conferred with his council,replied, “You have appealed to the emperor; to the emperor you will go.”
- 25:21 But when Paul had appealed to be kept in custody for the decision of his Imperial Majesty, I ordered him to be held until I could send him to the emperor.”
- 25:25 But I found that he had done nothing deserving death; and when he appealed to his Imperial Majesty, I decided to send him.
- 26:32 Agrippa said to Festus, “This man could have been set free if he had not appealed to the emperor.”
- 28:19 But when the Jews objected, I was compelled to appeal to the emperor‑ even though I had no charge to bring against my nation.
- 10:12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; the same Lord is Lord of all and is generous to all who call on him.
- 10:13 For, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- 10:14 But how are they to call on one in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in one of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone to proclaim him?
- 1:2 To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, together with all those who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours:
- 2COR 1:23 But I call on God as witness against me: it was to spare you that I did not come again to Corinth.
- 2:22 Shun youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love,and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.
2:7 Is it not they who blaspheme the excellent name that was invoked over you?
1:17 If you invoke as Father the one who judges all people impartially according to their deeds, live in reverent fear during the time of your exile.