a prim. root [rather ident. with] to call out to (i.e. prop. address by name, but used in a wide variety of application): – bewray [self], that are bidden, call (for, forth, self, upon), cry (unto), (be) famous, guest invite, mention, (give) name, preach, (make) proclaim (ation), pronounce, publish, read, renouned, say.
- 21:17 And God heard the voice of the boy; and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven, and said to her, “What troubles you, Hagar? Do not be afraid; for God has heard the voice of the boy where he is.
- 21:33 Abraham planted a tamarisk tree in Beersheba, and called there on the name of the LORD, the Everlasting God.
- 26:25 So he built an altar there, called on the name of the LORD,and pitched his tent there. And there Isaac’s servants dug a well.
- 8:8 Then Pharaoh called Moses and Aaron, and said, “Pray to the LORD to take away the frogs from me and my people, and I will let the people go to sacrifice to the LORD.”
- 8:25 Then Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron, and said, “Go,sacrifice to your God within the land.”
- 9:27 Then Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron, and said to them,”This time I have sinned; the LORD is in the right, and I and my people are in the wrong.
- 10:16 Pharaoh hurriedly summoned Moses and Aaron and said, “I have sinned against the LORD your God, and against you.
- 24:15 You shall pay them their wages daily before sunset, because they are poor and their livelihood depends on them; otherwise they might cry to the LORD against you, and you would incur guilt.
- 16:28 Then Samson called to the LORD and said, “Lord GOD,remember me and strengthen me only this once, O God, so that with this one act of revenge I may pay back the Philistines for my two eyes.”
- 9:9 (Formerly in Israel, anyone who went to inquire of God would say, “Come, let us go to the seer”; for the one who is now called a prophet was formerly called a seer.)
- 12:17 Is it not the wheat harvest today? I will call upon the LORD, that he may send thunder and rain; and you shall know and see that the wickedness that you have done in the sight of the LORD is great in demanding a king for yourselves.”
- 12:18 So Samuel called upon the LORD, and the LORD sent thunder and rain that day; and all the people greatly feared the LORD and Samuel.
- 22:4 I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.
- 22:7 In my distress I called upon the LORD; to my God I called. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry came to his ears.
- 18:24 Then you call on the name of your god and I will call on the name of the LORD; the god who answers by fire is indeed God.” All the people answered, “Well spoken!”
- 5:11 But Naaman became angry and went away, saying, “I thought that for me he would surely come out, and stand and call on the name of the LORD his God, and would wave his hand over the spot, and cure the leprosy!
- 16:8 O give thanks to the LORD, call on his name, make known his deeds among the peoples.
- 21:26 David built there an altar to the LORD and presented burnt offerings and offerings of well‑being. He called upon the LORD, and he answered him with fire from heaven on the altar of burnt offering.
- 9:16 If I summoned him and he answered me, I do not believe that he would listen to my voice.
- 12:4 I am a laughingstock to my friends; I, who called upon God and he answered me, a just and blameless man, I am a laughingstock.
- 13:22 Then call, and I will answer; or let me speak, and you reply to me.
- 27:10 Will they take delight in the Almighty? Will they call upon God at all times?
- 3:4 I cry aloud to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy hill. [Selah]
- 4:1 Answer me when I call, O God of my right! You gave me room when I was in distress. Be gracious to me, and hear my prayer.
- 4:3 But know that the LORD has set apart the faithful for himself;the LORD hears when I call to him.
- 14:4 Have they no knowledge, all the evildoers who eat up my people as they eat bread, and do not call upon the LORD?
- 17:6 I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God; incline your ear to me, hear my words.
- 18:3 I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, so I shall be saved from my enemies.
- 18:6 In my distress I called upon the LORD; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.
- 20:9 Give victory to the king, O LORD; answer us when we call.
- 22:2 O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer; and by night, but find no rest.
- 27:7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud, be gracious to me and answer me!
- 28:1 To you, O LORD, I call; my rock, do not refuse to hear me, for if you are silent to me, I shall be like those who go down to the Pit.
- 30:8 To you, O LORD, I cried, and to the LORD I made supplication:
- 31:17 Do not let me be put to shame, O LORD, for I call on you; let the wicked be put to shame; let them go dumbfounded to Sheol.
- 34:6 This poor soul cried, and was heard by the LORD, and was saved from every trouble.
- 50:15 Call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”
- 53:4 Have they no knowledge, those evildoers, who eat up my people as they eat bread, and do not call upon God?
- 55:16 But I call upon God, and the LORD will save me.
- 56:9 Then my enemies will retreat in the day when I call. This I know, that God is for me.
- 57:2 I cry to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me.
- 61:2 From the end of the earth I call to you, when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I;
- 66:17 I cried aloud to him, and he was extolled with my tongue.
- 69:3 I am weary with my crying; my throat is parched. My eyes grow dim with waiting for my God.
- 79:6 Pour out your anger on the nations that do not know you, and on the kingdoms that do not call on your name.
- 80:18 Then we will never turn back from you; give us life, and we will call on your name.
- 81:7 In distress you called, and I rescued you; I answered you in the secret place of thunder; I tested you at the waters of Meribah. [Selah]
- 86:3 be gracious to me, O Lord, for to you do I cry all day long.
- 86:5 For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call on you.
- 86:7 In the day of my trouble I call on you, for you will answer me.
- 88:9 my eye grows dim through sorrow. Every day I call on you, O LORD; I spread out my hands to you.
- 89:26 He shall cry to me, `You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation!’
- 91:15 When they call to me, I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble, I will rescue them and honor them.
- 99:6 Moses and Aaron were among his priests, Samuel also was among those who called on his name. They cried to the LORD, and he answered them.
- 102:2 Do not hide your face from me in the day of my distress. Incline your ear to me; answer me speedily in the day when I call.
- 105:1 O give thanks to the LORD, call on his name, make known his deeds among the peoples.
- 105:16 When he summoned famine against the land, and broke every staff of bread,
- 116:2 Because he inclined his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live.
- 116:4 Then I called on the name of the LORD: “O LORD, I pray, save my life!”
- 116:13 I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD,
- 116:17 I will offer to you a thanksgiving sacrifice and call on the name of the LORD.
- 118:5 Out of my distress I called on the LORD; the LORD answered me and set me in a broad place.
- 119:145 With my whole heart I cry; answer me, O LORD. I will keep your statutes.
- 119:146 I cry to you; save me, that I may observe your decrees.
- 120:1 In my distress I cry to the LORD, that he may answer me:
- 130:1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD.
- 138:3 On the day I called, you answered me, you increased my strength of soul.
- 141:1 I call upon you, O LORD; come quickly to me; give ear to my voice when I call to you.
- 145:18 The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.
- 147:4 He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names.
- 147:9 He gives to the animals their food, and to the young ravens when they cry.
- 64:7 There is no one who calls on your name, or attempts to take hold of you; for you have hidden your face from us, and have delivered us into the hand of our iniquity.
- 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.