a prim. root; perhaps prop. to arrange; but used fig. (of words) to speak, rarely (in a destructive sense), to submit – answer, appoint, bid, command, commune, declare, destroy, give, name, promise, pronounce, rehurse, say, speak, be spokesman, subdue, talk, teach, tell, think, use [ entreaties], utter, *well, *work.
- 4:10 But Moses said to the LORD, “O my Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor even now that you have spoken to your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.”
- 6:12 But Moses spoke to the LORD, “The Israelites have not listened to me; how then shall Pharaoh listen to me, poor speaker that I am?”
- 25:39 When David heard that Nabal was dead, he said, “Blessed be the LORD who has judged the case of Nabal’s insult to me, and has kept back his servant from evil; the LORD has returned the evil doing of Nabal upon his own head.” Then David sent and wooed Abigail, to make her his wife.
- 7:19 And yet this was a small thing in your eyes, O Lord GOD; you have spoken also of your servant’s house for a great while to come. May this be instruction for the people, O Lord GOD!
- 7:20 And what more can David say to you? For you know your servant, O Lord GOD!
- 7:25 And now, O LORD God, as for the word that you have spoken concerning your servant and concerning his house, confirm it forever; do as you have promised.
- 7:28 And now, O Lord GOD, you are God, and your words are true, and you have promised this good thing to your servant;
- 7:29 now therefore may it please you to bless the house of your servant, so that it may continue forever before you; for you, O Lord GOD, have spoken, and with your blessing shall the house of your servant be blessed forever.”
- 8:15 He said, “Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, who with his hand has fulfilled what he promised with his mouth to my father David, saying,
- 8:25 Therefore, O LORD, God of Israel, keep for your servant my father David that which you promised him, saying, `There shall never fail you a successor before me to sit on the throne of Israel, if only your children look to their way, to walk before me as you have walked before me.’
- 8:26 Therefore, O God of Israel, let your word be confirmed, which you promised to your servant my father David.
- 8:53 For you have separated them from among all the peoples of the earth, to be your heritage, just as you promised through Moses, your servant,when you brought our ancestors out of Egypt, O Lord GOD.”
- 17:17 And even this was a small thing in your sight, O God; you have also spoken of your servant’s house for a great while to come. You regard me as someone of high rank, O LORD God!
- 17:23 “And now, O LORD, as for the word that you have spoken concerning your servant and concerning his house, let it be established forever, and do as you have promised.
- 1CHR 17:26 And now, O LORD, you are God, and you have promised this good thing to your servant;
- 2CHR 6:4 And he said, “Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, who with his hand has fulfilled what he promised with his mouth to my father David,saying,
- 1:6 Then I said, “Ah, Lord GOD! Truly I do not know how to speak,for I am only a boy.”
- 12:1 You will be in the right, O LORD, when I lay charges against you; but let me put my case to you. Why does the way of the guilty prosper? Why do all who are treacherous thrive?