a prim. verb; (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.
- 4:6 saying to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down;for it is written, `He will command his angels concerning you,’ and `On their hands they will bear you up, so that you will not dash your foot against a stone.'”
- 6:2 “So whenever you give alms, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be praised by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward.
- 6:5 “And whenever you pray, do not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, so that they may be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward.
- 6:16 “And whenever you fast, do not look dismal, like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces so as to show others that they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward.
- 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.
- 8:2 and there was a leper who came to him and knelt before him,saying, “Lord, if you choose, you can make me clean.”
- 8:6 and saying, “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, in terrible distress.”
- 8:7 And he said to him, “I will come and cure him.”
- 8:9 For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me;and I say to one, `Go,’ and he goes, and to another, `Come,’ and he comes, and to my slave, `Do this,’ and the slave does it.”
- 8:25 And they went and woke him up, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!”
- 8:31 The demons begged him, “If you cast us out, send us into the herd of swine.”
- 9:27 As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him,crying loudly, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!”
- 15:25 But she came and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, help me.”
- 15:33 The disciples said to him, “Where are we to get enough bread in the desert to feed so great a crowd?”
- 20:33 They said to him, “Lord, let our eyes be opened.”
- 21:15 But when the chief priests and the scribes saw the amazing things that he did, and heard the children crying out in the temple, “Hosanna to the Son of David,” they became angry
- 26:39 And going a little farther, he threw himself on the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet not what I want but what you want.”
- 26:42 Again he went away for the second time and prayed, “My Father, if this cannot pass unless I drink it, your will be done.”
- 27:46 And about three o’clock Jesus cried with a loud voice, “Eli,Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”
- 3:11 Whenever the unclean spirits saw him, they fell down before him and shouted, “You are the Son of God!”
- 9:24 Immediately the father of the child cried out, “I believe;help my unbelief!”
- 14:36 He said, “Abba, Father, for you all things are possible;remove this cup from me; yet, not what I want, but what you want.”
- 8:24 They went to him and woke him up, shouting, “Master, Master,we are perishing!” And he woke up and rebuked the wind and the raging waves;they ceased, and there was a calm.
- 11:9 “So I say to you, Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you.
- 17:13 they called out, saying, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!”
- LUKE 18:18 A certain ruler asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
- LUKE 18:38 Then he shouted, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
- LUKE 18:41 “What do you want me to do for you?” He said, “Lord, let me see again.”
- LUKE 22:70 All of them asked, “Are you, then, the Son of God?” He said to them, “You say that I am.”
- LUKE 23:34 Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.”] And they cast lots to divide his clothing.
- LUKE 23:42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
- 1:29 The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him and declared,”Here is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
- 1:36 and as he watched Jesus walk by, he exclaimed, “Look, here is the Lamb of God!”
- 1:48 Nathanael asked him, “Where did you get to know me?” Jesus answered, “I saw you under the fig tree before Philip called you.”
- 1:49 Nathanael replied, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!”
- 4:49 The official said to him, “Sir, come down before my little boy dies.”
- 14:5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?”
- 14:8 Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.”
- 14:22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will reveal yourself to us, and not to the world?”
13:6 So we can say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?”
- 19:1 After this I heard what seemed to be the loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, “Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power to our God,
- 19:4 And the twenty four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who is seated on the throne, saying, “Amen. Hallelujah!”
- 19:5 And from the throne came a voice saying, “Praise our God, all you his servants, and all who fear him, small and great.”
- 19:6 Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude,like the sound of many waters and like the sound of mighty thunder peals, crying out, “Hallelujah! For the Lord our God the Almighty reigns.