of uncert. der.; to ask (in gen): – ask, beg, call, for, crave, desire, require
- 5:42 “Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.
- 6:8 “So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.
- 7:7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
- 7:8 “For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
- 7:9 “Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone?
- 7:10 “Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he?
- 7:11 “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!
- 14:7 so much that he promised with an oath to give her whatever she asked.
- 18:19 “Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.
- 20:20 Then the mother of the sons of Zebedee came to Jesus with her sons, bowing down and making a request of Him.
- 20:22 But Jesus answered, “You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink?” They said to Him, “We are able.”
- 21:22 “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”
- 27:20 But the chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowds to ask for Barabbas and to put Jesus to death.
- 27:58 This man went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then Pilate ordered it to be given to him.
- 6:22 and when the daughter of Herodias herself came in and danced, she pleased Herod and his dinner guests; and the king said to the girl, “Ask me for whatever you want and I will give it to you.”
- 6:23 And he swore to her, “Whatever you ask of me, I will give it to you; up to half of my kingdom.”
- 6:24 And she went out and said to her mother, “What shall I ask for?” And she said, “The head of John the Baptist.”
- 6:25 Immediately she came in a hurry to the king and asked, saying, “I want you to give me at once the head of John the Baptist on a platter.”
- 10:35 James and John, the two sons of Zebedee, came up to Jesus, saying, “Teacher, we want You to do for us whatever we ask of You.”
- 10:38 But Jesus said to them, “You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, or to be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?”
- 11:24 “Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.
- 15:8 The crowd went up and began asking him to do as he had been accustomed to do for them.
- 1:63 And he asked for a tablet and wrote as follows, “His name is John.” And they were all astonished.
- 6:30 “Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back.
- 11:9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
- 11:10 “For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened.
- 11:11 “Now suppose one of you fathers is asked by his son for a fish; he will not give him a snake instead of a fish, will he?
- 11:12 “Or if he is asked for an egg, he will not give him a scorpion, will he?
- 11:13 “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?”
- 12:48 but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.
- 23:23 But they were insistent, with loud voices asking that He be crucified. And their voices began to prevail.
- 23:25 And he released the man they were asking for who had been thrown into prison for insurrection and murder, but he delivered Jesus to their will.
- 23:52 this man went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus.
- 4:9 Therefore the Samaritan woman said to Him, “How is it that You, being a Jew, ask me for a drink since I am a Samaritan woman?” (For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.)
- 4:10 Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”
- 11:22 “Even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You.”
- 14:13 “Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
- 14:14 “If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.
- 15:7 “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
- 15:16 “You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.
- 16:23 “In that day you will not question Me about anything. Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you.
- 16:24 “Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full.
- 16:26 “In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I will request of the Father on your behalf;
- 3:2 And a man who had been lame from his mother’s womb was being carried along, whom they used to set down every day at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, in order to beg alms of those who were entering the temple.
- 3:14 “But you disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked for a murderer to be granted to you,7:46 “David found favor in God’s sight, and asked that he might find a dwelling place for the God of Jacob.
- 9:2 and asked for letters from him to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, both men and women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.
- 12:20 Now he was very angry with the people of Tyre and Sidon; and with one accord they came to him, and having won over Blastus the king’s chamberlain, they were asking for peace, because their country was fed by the king’s country.
- 13:21 “Then they asked for a king, and God gave them Saul the son of Kish, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, for forty years.
- 13:28 “And though they found no ground for putting Him to death, they asked Pilate that He be executed.
- 16:29 And he called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas,
- 25:3 requesting a concession against Paul, that he might have him brought to Jerusalem (at the same time, setting an ambush to kill him on the way).
- 25:15 and when I was at Jerusalem, the chief priests and the elders of the Jews brought charges against him, asking for a sentence of condemnation against him.
- 1:22 For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom;
- 3:13 Therefore I ask you not to lose heart at my tribulations on your behalf, for they are your glory.
- 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,
- 1:9 For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,
- 1:5 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
- 1:6 But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind.
- 4:2 You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. You are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask.
- 4:3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.
- 2:13 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;
- 3:22 and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.
- 5:14 This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
- 5:15 This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
- 5:16 If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask and God will for him give life to those who commit sin not leading to death. There is a sin leading to death; I do not say that he should make request for this.